Current Openings for the 2013-2014 academic year:
- Upper Elementary Classroom Teacher
- Secondary English & History Teacher
- Japanese Language Teacher
- Japanese Language Teaching Assistant
- Qualified EAL (English as an Additional Language)Teaching Assistant
- We are always looking for qualified substitute teachers living around Sendai.
Joining the TIS team
TIS endeavours to employ positive, innovative and efficient personnel to carry out a constantly improving educational program. Teachers who are passionate about education, and have a real desire to be part of a team that seeks to provide enriching and meaningful learning experiences at all levels, will relish the opportunity to work at TIS. We are a strong cohesive team working in a small school. TIS desires teachers who are willing and open to sharing their specialist knowledge and experience not only with students, but also the teaching community.
TIS will normally only accept applications from teachers who have:
- A recognized teaching license, degree or post-graduate qualification
- A minimum of two years international experience
- A desire to actively participate in curriculum development, extra-curricular activities, and other school activities
- Ability to be flexible and a team player in a dynamic workplace a necessity!
- Reasonable IT competency
Ideally candidates should also have:
- A post-graduate qualification in their field of expertise.
- Experience in inquiry based learning programs (PYP, MYP, IB or similar)
- The ability to be creative and a willingness to try new things!
TIS provides a benefits package for overseas employees including:
- Regionally competitive salaries
- Housing allowance
- Health insurance
- Travel insurance
- Resettlement allowances at beginning and end of service for candidates recruited overseas
- End of contract bonus (for flights/summer travel etc.)
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter to James Steward (Head of School) at email@example.com.